Teacher - Oldham
- Are you a qualified teacher looking for an opportunity to work full time within a specialist setting?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to further develop your existing skills and expertise?
- Are you looking for a role where you can support pupils with SEN in developing functional skills?
A higher education provider situated in Central Oldham are looking to appoint a Functional Skills Teacher for an immediate start. This role will involve working 8.30am - 4.00pm and will involve working 5 days per week Monday - Friday. This position is an ongoing long term position. If you are successful in securing the position you will not be required to work within school holidays, so this position could be suitable for individuals who are looking for a role that can fit in with their personal circumstances
The role will involve planning and delivering lessons which are designed to support pupils with moderate learning needs in developing their functional skills in English and Maths. Due to the specific needs of the pupils we would be interested in applicants who have a considerable amount of experience supporting children or young people with SEN. Please be aware that this can be working in a support capacity and does not have to be direct teaching experience. Experience as an SEN Teaching Assistant would also be favourable.
The successful teacher will have:
- A non judgemental approach
- An in-depth knowledge of Functional Skills
- The ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other staff, pupils, parents and the wider community
- The ability to formatively assess pupil's progress
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and qualifications to be considered for the post, please apply directly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.