Java Developer (Mid-Senior level)
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Full-time permanent role
- Immediate hire
An innovative technology organisation based in the vibrant city of Newcastle Upon Tyne have experienced considerable growth and are looking for a talented Java Developer to join their team of talented individuals. The successful candidate must be passionate about technology and building IT systems utilising XP and agile practices. You must have an open mind and be willing to learn new technologies should the need arise as well as being a team leader and a team player.
The ideal candidate will be;
- Able to demonstrate 2 years experience working as a Developer in a commercial environment
- RDBMS - Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQLServer or MySQL
- continuous integration using Jenkins or similar
- source control - Git, SVN, TFS or similar
- build tools - Ant, Gradle, SBT
- XML, XSLT, JAXB etc
- Writes and codes software according to specifications set by the client;
- Examines existing software and determines requirements for new/modified systems in the light of business needs;
- Tests and corrects software using a combination of unit, acceptance, performance and security/penetration testing;
- proven skills in at least one of Java, Scala or C#/.Net with demonstrable experience of REST APIs, MVC, SOAP, ORM, Relational Databases.
- 3-5 years (minimum) Java development.
- Demonstrable experience of explaining complex technical concepts in an easy to understand and, non-technical way.
- Experience of working in large finance or large transactional environments or within government departments.
- The ability to write their own unit tests.
- Test Driven Development.
- Continuous Integration.
- Ideally with recent versions of Java
- Preferred experience in a Consultative environment
- Developing in an agile environment, e.g. Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with XP practices such as TDD and pair-programming
- RESTful architecture
- Microservice architecture
- Continuous Delivery
The organisation I am recruiting on behalf of have developed a wide variety of bespoke, enterprise software platforms across multiple business domains and continue to prosper, if you feel that you could be a good fit for this opportunity please get in touch.