Graduate / Junior GIS Account Executive, ArcGIS
My client are a World leading Geospatial software provider, looking to take on a GIS Account Executive, helping generate GIS growth into their diverse customer markets.
The role will see you conducting focused research on new target markets, highlighted by heads of practice within the organization, and using this information to highlight the value and potential benefits of GIS to these customers aligned to their individual business needs. Good ArcGIS knowledge from academic and/or commercial use, an outgoing personality, strong communication and relationship building skills will all be key to your success.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A good degree (2:1 or better) in GIS / Geographic orientation
- Demonstrable experience of conducting targeted research
- Experience of working in a customer development environment, ideally working to targets
- GIS experience, including familiarity with ArcGIS (ESRI)
- Strong research skills, utilising the internet and social media, and lists of target organisations
- Naturally entrepreneurial, with a sound commercial focus
- Very clear, professional communication skills, both on the telephone and by e-mail
- Strong listening and analytical skills, so as to ensure potential customer opportunities are correctly identified, explored and understood
- Ability to understand technology, and the potential of their products to help solve business needs
- A real hunger to learn, with a willingness to take guidance and direction
- Initiative, Tenacity, and the ability to keep motivated when circumstances are challenging
- Realism and honesty
- The ability to work alone, and also to interact positively as part of a team
This role is a stepping stone, and offers natural growth potential into Customer Success and Consultancy positions within the group.
Starting salary is £24k plus an incentive commission scheme plus benefits. to include pension, life assurance, permanent health insurance, xmas bonus, 25 days holiday (rising by one day every 3 years to 29 days) plus statutory holidays, car leasing scheme, gym subsidy.