Technical Service Manager
Technical Services Manager
RDR are recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to be based in Liverpool L24. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week (This is a management position and as such, working hours will be expected to be flexible to suit the needs of the business. Involvement on a call out rota, and company AP appointments will be expected.). On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle, bonus and benefits package.
The Technical Service Manager will report to the Account Manager and will ensure compliance with all statutory and company procedures across all stakeholder groups at Knowsley Schools. The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for the technical performance and maintenance of standards on the contract. They will provide guidance to others on site, showing technical expertise in a wide range of Mechanical, Electrical and Building systems, to ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery.
- To be the lead manager for all building maintenance on the contract.
- Management of a multidiscipline workforce.
- Participate in the on-call system and Authorised Person (AP) system.
- To work with the relevant operational leads to ensure the service delivery across the full range of services is continually improving
- To contribute to the financial performance of the contract particularly around operational efficiency and subcontract procurement
- To ensure compliance with company procedures for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitor and review of the services by analysis of the relevant data and where necessary carrying out audit
- Update record drawings and Operations and Maintenance manuals across all sites.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge at all times.
- Understand and meet ongoing customer requirements, develop effective working relationships with business partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Clear and effective communicator with professional personal presentation.
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met and
- The ability to work under pressure, take ownership of problems and deal with them to their conclusion
- Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Experience of working in a facilities management environment
- Experience of education project management.
- Experience of managing contractors within school environments
- Sound awareness of risk assessment and working safely.
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Building systems
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- This Technical Services Manager requires an enhanced disclosure. An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
- All convictions both current and past,
- Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
- Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
- Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply and we will be in touch.