The Works Recruitment are working in partnership with one of the UK's leading manufacturers of specialist equipment offering services from Innovative Design, Consultancy through to Engineering Installation and Commissioning including breakdown and response.
We are now recruiting for an Electrical Assembler to become part of their well-established team based in North Yorkshire.
- Starting Salary: £8.90 per hr.
- 45 hrs per week Mon - Fri (07:00 - 16:30)
- 20 days Holiday per annum.
The main purpose of the role is to assemble and test electrical control boxes and wiring harnesses in a safe manner in accordance with defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards to meet customer requirements and quality, efficiency and delivery targets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Efficient and effective assembly and test of electrical control boxes and wiring harnesses for industrial wash equipment to defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards.
- Working to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Identifying improvement / cost reduction opportunities and supporting lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide timely feedback to supervisor / manager on any technical or quality issues that arise.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system
- Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
Core Skills \ Competencies
- Assembly and test of electrical control boxes and wiring harnesses.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- General understanding of lean manufacturing techniques
- Root cause analysis and problem-solving ability.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
If you would like to find out more information please contact James at The Works or click apply and someone will contact you.