Our client a global business with a £2 billion turnover is looking for a Commercial Accountant to join there worldlcass finance team. From compiling forecasts, to controlling budgets, as a Commercial Management Accountant you will be responsible for key attributes within the businesses financial performance, within their Whittlesey site, Cambridgeshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant who is looking to take the next step in their career working for a global business with a £2 billion turnover.
- Production of the weekly accounts ensuring they reflect a true position, making provisions where necessary and working with the Business Unit to drive accuracy.
- Compiling the rolling 13 week financial forecast for the end to end supply chain. Understanding the risks and opportunities within the forecast costs and providing analysis to management.
- Understand, challenge and interrogate year-on-year costs on a weekly basis, highlighting to the business any risks to the Profit & Loss.
- Ownership of the month-end process ensuring completion to deadlines and analysing Profit & Loss performance providing commentary to finance manager.
- Ensuring complete product costing's are agreed with correct exchange rates and submitted on a weekly basis.
- Business partnering the Buyers to provide insightful commentary for the various commercial and retail reporting packs; completing ad hoc analysis to assist with commercial decisions.
- Managing an Assistant Management Accountant to ensure Good housekeeping - such as dealing with Purchase Order's regularly, review of the daily profitability report to ensure all jobs have been built correctly.
- Help identify, define and track cost saving initiatives to drive down the cost to serve.
- Reporting stock whilst challenging the categories on a weekly basis to ensure stock losses are minimal.
- Assisting with the preparation of the yearly budget alongside the Business Unit Managers and the Central Finance team.
- Review overhead control with budget holders.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and external standards.
To be considered for this role:
- Qualified/Part Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACA / ACCA)
- Strong analytical skills (MS Excel).
- Experience in a fast paced finance environment working to tight deadlines
- Experience in an FMCG food business supplying retail.
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships
- Ability to influence stakeholder
- Excellent Communicator
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Right-first-time ethos, strong problem solver and passionate about root cause analysis
- Proven ability to manage and organise own, and teams work load
- Resilient attitude and desire to see things through to completion.
WHMSYORKS REF: 16895833