Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant with prior experience of working within practice?
Do you enjoy preparing management and statutory accounts, VAT returns and working directly with clients?
Would you like to work for a forward thinking, growing and modern business?
If you answered "YES!" to the above then we would love to talk to you about a job we are currently recruiting. We are looking to find an Accounts Assistant with energy, ambition and a strong sense of commitment to join the fun and friendly team in Ashford.
What is the role?
In the role of Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Statutory and management accounts preparation for companies and partnerships and sole traders
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Travelling to client premises as required
- Carrying out review work on accounts and other assignments prepared by junior team members when required
- Any ad hoc assignments or tasks as may be required
What do I need?
In order to be considered for the role you will need:
- Prior experience of working in practice
- Proven knowledge of accounts preparation for owner managed businesses (OMBs) to include partnerships, sole traders and companies
- Good IT skills, ideally with a knowledge of computerised systems including Sage, Xero and/or Quickbooks
What will I get?
In exchange for your hard work you will receive the following:
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- 37.5 hour working week
- Supportive working environment within a modern open plan office
- Excellent career opportunities not just for your immediate progression, but also for the future
We are one of the UK's leading providers of accountancy, tax and business advice to owner-managed and mid-size companies. Wilkins Kennedy joined CogitalGroup, one of the UK's fastest-growing business advisory groups in 2018 and we remain ambitious in our future plans. We believe that our success comes from our talented team, and are always keen to welcome motivated, enthusiastic people into our growing business.