Buyer / Purchasing Manager
Ellisonpeople are recruiting for a Buyer / Purchasing Manager. Your role will be to takeresponsibility for the efficient day to day running of the procurement process to meet the operational needs, growth goals and vision of our client. To enable the procurement process to maximise just in time delivery and full logistical operations while maintaining cost effectiveness. You will maintain and build professional relationships with old and new suppliers to ensure that SLA’s are adhered to.
- Ensure the supply and availability of stock available for production needs and requirements.
- Liaise with the Production Planner, Production Manager and Suppliers to ensure that any relevant information that may have an impact on production or could have an impact on customer’s orders is up to date.
- Manage stock spread sheet and update relevant information on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the Technical Manager to approve new suppliers, stock and packaging suppliers.
- Check delivery notes on a daily basis to ensure products have been delivered as per the order, in full and on time. Check prices are correct and liaise with accounts on any abnormal increases.
- Generate monthly reports of stock and value, potential stock for disposal and value.
- Order in line with production plans and supplier lead times, while being mindful of shelf life.
- To identify key inventory where we may need to hold additional stock due to lead time constraints from suppliers.
In return our client offers a friendly environment where everyone works as a team, the opportunity to gain relevant qualifications and a competitive salary. If you have relevant experience, please forward your CV to us for immediate consideration.