My client is looking for a Paraplanner to join their team. This is a key role within the business, with responsibility for providing efficient support to the Financial Advisers. As a Paraplanner, the job holder is expected to develop professional relationships with colleagues, clients and product provides to ensure the streamlined and smooth running of applications from processing to completion. This person will spend the majority of their time dealing with clients of the business. Within the team there is an excellent range of professional qualifications (a number of my client’s Paraplanner have Competent Adviser Status), and outstanding client management skills.
- Obtain information and quotations to enable you to research clients’ needs prior to recommendations, as and when required
- Process new business from submission to completion
- Input and maintain information on the Company’s IT systems including the FileMaker Pro database
- deal with client queries
- Liaise with Financial Advisers and colleagues, working with them closely to understand clients, workloads etc.
- Prepare valuations and reports
- Prepare renewal information
- Attend training courses as required by the company
- Deal with any client queries
- Keep the Financial Adviser up to date with relevant information relating to above duties and client issues.
Essential skills required are as follows:
- CII Certificate qualified or equivalent
- Advanced computer/keyboard skills - experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of completing research and reports for investment and pension scenarios, particularly for older, more wealthy clients
- Good standard of English and Maths
- Good administration skills
- Personal drive and enthusiasm to develop knowledge and skills
- Organised with an eye for detail
- Self motivated and a logical thinker
- Experience of working within a team
- Initiative and common sense
- Working knowledge of Financial Services terminology and products
- Able to represent the company in a professional manner during client meetings attended with Advisers
- Must be able to prioritise work to ensure jobs are carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Must have a willingness to learn and assist in developing processes
- Must have good communication skills internally with colleagues and externally with clients, insurance companies etc.
- Will need to keep abreast of changes within the company’s processes in line with industry changes; this includes a willingness to accept ongoing training and development including maintaining competence
- Must aim to meet individual objectives set from time to time by line manager, usually at the beginning of the year as part of the appraisals process
- Ensure that individually and as a company we "Treat Customers Fairly"