Summer School Manager
Summer School Manager
£30,000 - £33,000 (Depending on Experience)
Our client is part of a joint venture which was launched on 28 February 2018 and is the new home of academic pathways.
The Summer School Manager Role
You’ll take full ownership for organising the inaugural Summer School programme, with a focus on delivering exceptional learning experiences for our students and smooth operational efficacy for staff. As it is the first time, they have run this programme you will be responsible for devising (from scratch) all processes and procedures, terms & conditions values & ethos, as well as full operational accountability.
- Own all preparations for the Swansea University Summer School; including admissions/enrolment, all logistical preparations, training and administration
- Support & promote recruitment activities
- Devise and codify a set of Summer School specific policies and procedures, which align with The College, Swansea university policies and procedures
- Ownership for our summer school budgeting, reporting and planning
- Data collection, analysis and reporting regarding the Swansea University Summer School
- Co-ordinate and prepare individual student bookings; as required
- Manage and prepare the airport pick-up and return aspect
- Co-ordinate and prepare communications with our students relating to their individual bookings and key information required for their stay; as required
- Manage the book of all excursions, activities and tours for our summer school students
- Management of our service providers as necessary
- You’ll own the management of all aspects relating to the Summer School
- Deliver a safe and friendly environment for all students and staff. This includes making sure our school operates within the Health & Safety guidelines as set out by The University
- To liaise with all stakeholders in an efficient and polite manner
- To deal with any complaints or grievances from staff, students, or agents in a calm and efficient manner
- To manage staff and student discipline, making sure that rules are abided by at all times and according to Swansea University Summer School Guidelines and Conditions
- Management of budgeting and financial control for their Summer School
- Recruitment of temporary staff and management and delivery of staff induction programme prior to the start of the Summer School
- Liaising with The University academic representatives to ensure the curriculum is appropriate and engaging for the incoming cohorts
- Oversee all timetabling and room bookings
- Liaise with Swansea University staff to arrange faculty induction and visits
- Liaise with halls of Residence staff to oversee all aspects of the residential arrangements
- Liaising with University catering services to ensure appropriate catering provision throughout the Summer school
- You’ll be responsible for Wellness, Health & Safety of the Summer School and all Risk Assessments
- Organising transport and activities for travel days and excursions
Requirements for the Summer School Manager Role
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours.
- Independent and able to problem solve.
- Self-starter, used to working autonomously
- Able to positively influence and work effectively with different teams and stakeholders
- Able to deal well with pressure.
- Enthusiastic and friendly.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you feel you are suitable for their Summer School Manager position, please apply now.