Finance Business Partner
Leading Croydon based services company are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner on a 12-month contract.
Finance Business Partner - About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Planning & Controlling and as a key supporting role within the Planning and Controlling department:
- Collaboration and proactive support on Planning and Controlling topics in terms of initiatives, policy, and reporting and analytical deliverables.
- Assisting with the provision of accurate and relevant reporting and analysis validating commercial understanding & supporting recommended actions with the objective to improve scheme performance and operational/business cost base.
- Contributing to company strategy in terms of implementation and change management, commercial analytical focus, tangible actions to be taken by business areas.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will:
- Assisting with analysis of scheme performance, including commentary, forecasting, and identifying key performance levers and working with the business to improve scheme profit margins and establishing actions required.
- Supporting operational efficiency reporting, including analysis of cost base by cost centre and expense type, linking to operational performance, cost per file, and working with business to identify opportunities of reducing expenditure.
- Assisting with the production, distribution and review of the local financial BI management pack. Ensuring report accuracy, implementing enhancements and ensuring underlining financial data is accurate and complete.
- Supporting the integration of new business. Identifying and implementing template of reporting requirements. Ensuring accuracy of reporting and analysis for key financial information.
- Supporting Planning and Controlling function with the implementation of new systems & processes. Either connected to Global Transformation projects, Agile Optimisation concepts, or through identification of local business requirements.
- Analysis of current and future reporting systems. Investigating reporting capabilities and recommendation of dashboard reporting.
- Supporting Finance functions and business in general, in terms of process review and re-engineering to meet strategic objectives of efficiency optimisation and providing superior service to customers (internal and external).
- Any other projects or duties, as required by the Executive Board or Senior Management
- In order to fulfil role objectives close collaboration with Actuarial Pricing & Product, Accounting & Reporting, functional Heads of Departments and Group Controlling will be required.
- To ensure that your work area is kept safe and tidy at all times.
- To abide by the Health & Safety Work Act 1974.
- To immediately notify the Company Health & Safety officer or the CEO of any Health & Safety issues which may cause harm to fellow employees.
- To actively carry out annual staff appraisals and regular objective review meetings.
- Participate and contribute towards individual annual appraisals, team meetings and regular one-to-one assessment sessions.
- To manage or assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by Head of Planning & Controlling or the Finance Director.
- Complete all appropriate administration.
- Carry out any other additional duties as requested by the Head of Planning & Controlling or Finance Director within the scope of your role.
The successful Finance Business Partner will have:
- Educated to degree level and/or advanced stage of CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification.
- At least 3 A levels grade C+, or equivalent.
- At least 2 years directly relevant accounting experience.
- Sound understanding of integrated accounting systems & data warehouse reporting tools.
- High level system skills including Excel.
Finance Business Partner - Benefits
- Generous pension
- Subsidised canteen
- Impressive modern offices
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)