Technical Lead / Senior Developer (Utilities)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer or Technical Lead to Lead a small team of Developers in Belfast on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a hands-on leadership role where you will be expected to code alongside the team you are supporting in order to assure consistency and detailed involvement in the project.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Responsible for technical tasks as part of the development team to support the delivery of a Project/Product Roadmap delivery
- Champion software design and adherence to best practices in development, coding standards and unit testing
- Mentor, guide and grow development team members by passing on personal experiences and knowledge
- Utilises domain/product knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical challenges
- Contributor to project environments and data setup, supported by technical specialists
- Lead/perform triage of defects/incidents during Testing, and liaise with the Development teams
- Perform the configuration and deployment of development solutions into the production environment where required
- Support the planning and execution of production deployments and go-live
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 5 years relevant experience in development and design of back-end Java.
- Experience in development of Java Enterprise applications with exposure to EJB3, JDBC, JTA and JPA technologies essential.
- Experience in Java8, JAX-RS and SQL development essential.
- Proficiency in working with SQL Server and/or Oracle databases, including considerations of good data model design.
- Design and development of high-performance code in Java in a multi-core environment
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure
We are able to offer a competitive salary depending on skills and experience.
To find out more or apply for this position please send your CV and contact details via this advert.