Avenue 4 Forces have an exciting opportunity with a fast growing, energetic and innovative company in the renewable energy sector as a Procurement Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in a procurement role in an international company dealing with electronics and be CIPS qualified
Operating in a challenging and engaging environment, the Procurement Manager will report to the Operations Director and will identify new suppliers and nurture relationships in the UK, Europe and the Far East to get the very best prices without sacrificing quality and delivery times. You will be required to develop and implement strategic direction for improvements including efficiencies, procuring and maintaining stock levels as well as negotiating with shipping agents and suppliers for the best terms possible.
You will also:
- Develop new or improved systems and procedures to bring about efficiencies
- Ensure replenishment is set up to maximise efficiency/availability (JIT)
- Negotiate excellent prices, new rebate agreements, delivery times etc from suppliers to potentially grow spend
- Monitor KPI’s and regular reporting to management team being accountable for results
- Produce accurate forecasts to reflect trends and seasonality
- Work closely with other internal operational areas for better stock rotation, improved stockholding and target overstocks.
- Implement supplier approval and monitoring measures and ensure suppliers have appropriate and necessary accreditation.
- Act as a member of the senior management team contributing to wider strategic debates and organisational direction
Key skills/competences required for this role include:
- At least 2 years in a relevant procurement role
- Experience of working with an international company
- Wider experience of working with senior management teams
- Sourcing products in UK, Europe and Far East
- Understanding of import processes
- Procurement experience within Electronics industry preferable
- Appropriate procurement qualification or membership of CIPS preferable