Electronic Product Design Engineer
Our client has a strong, global market, supplying specialist electronic products to industrial automation, medical and pharmaceutical industries (among others). We are currently seeking an experienced Electronics Product Design Engineer to join their multi-disciplined engineering design team.
Experience and qualifications sought will include:
- Degree level qualification in electronic engineering or closely related discipline with appropriate industry experience
- Proven track record in successful product design and development in a multi-skilled environment
- Experience of design for manufacture and assembly ( DFM, DFA, DFT etc)
- Experience in PCB design
- Experienced in transfer to manufacture, manufacturing process and formal product approvals, EMC, Safety etc.
- Experience, or interest in, industrial design engineering or human factors engineering would be beneficial
- Excellent communication, report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in lean manufacture, 5S, Six Sigma and DOE would be beneficial
Duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working with R&D Engineers and Electronics Manufacturers to progress concepts and prototypes to full manufacture.
- Development, verification and qualification of electronics designs in accordance with relevant standards through external certification and testing where appropriate
- Design for Manufacture DFM including Production Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Investigating field and production issues and implementing any necessary changes
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies through research and training
- Presenting new technologies to the company and influence their adoption in products
This is a broad ranging product development role covering the full product design/manufacture lifecycle. The role will be supported with excellent career development and training opportunities.
For more information please apply via ad or contact Jim Lander at Rednal Recruitment Ltd.