Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Management Accountant working within a global motorsports business that holds the exclusive commercial rights to one of the biggest motorsport championships in the world. The business is responsible for the commercial exploitation and development of the Championship as well as various aspects of its management and administration.
Management Accountant - About the Role
The Management Accountant will be focused on the technical division which has a broad remit, from filming each event and producing the international TV feed to timing, telemetry and the provision of a range of support services at each race. In addition this division provides all the key technical support to the wider group including IT, digital media and logistical support.
As the Management Accountant you will:
- The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the production of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- They will be expected to identify, investigate and explain variances to budget and forecast.
- A large part of the role is to, along with the other members of that team, act as the bridge between Finance and Operations ensuring that operational management is fully supported.
- A material aspect of that is the analysis and understanding of financial information along with the subsequent production of meaningful and informative management reporting.
- The role also includes an element of responsibility for ensuring compliance with established financial processes and procedures by the various functions within the technical division.
The successful Management Accountant will have:
- A strong academic background is essential
- CIMA qualified with first time passes
- Recent experience of management reporting
- Experience of providing financial information to a non-financial audience
- Experience of delivering business information via reports and in-person
- Experience of month-end and year-end close procedures
- History of working to tight and demanding deadlines
- Experience of working in a management accountancy team or financial/management reporting team
- Report writing and delivery experience
Other attributes that would be highly beneficial:
- Strong Microsoft Excel abilities and general data manipulation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- A strong team-player, able to meet targets both independently and as part of a group
- Able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to support and build relationships across an organisation’s departments and with key-stakeholders
- The candidate should be highly numerate and literate with a strong degree of attention to detail
Management Accountant- Benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Impressive work place
- Annual Bonus
- Private Health Care
- Income protection benefit
- Event tickets
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)