We are currently recruiting for a senior finance assistant for a lovely organisation in Meriden, Coventry. You will be joining a small finance team of 3. There are around 30 employees in the office location.
The role is a fixed term contract for 12 months, however there could be opportunities in the future after this.
You will be working for a lovely team, who are very sociable and pride themselves on being a great place to work.
- Processing of sales ledger invoices.
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices.
- Receiving and verifying staff expense reports and requests for cash advances.
- Process of purchase ledger payment runs within stipulated settlement terms, bank payments and input of bank transactions.
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled daily and monitor cash flow in accordance to the business needs
- Credit control chasing outstanding payments and reducing aged debt from members and show centres
- Processing of membership direct debits.
- Managing the collection of sales ledger receivables within stipulated settlement terms.
- Accurate reconciliation of both customer and supplier statements on a monthly basis and liaison with relevant parties to resolve issues & anomalies.
- Ensuring Customer and Members queries are effectively dealt with.
- Effective filing and management of documentation and information.
- Accurate and timely recording of financial entries within Sage 200.
- Timely reviewing and reconciling regional area accounts statements ready for distribution
- Preparation of ledger reporting in support of the Finance Manager at month end and year end.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 4-5 years experience in a finance role
- AAT qualified
- Experience of working with a different range of stakeholders
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and keep to deadlines
- Good IT skills, with strong Excel skills in particular
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to keep calm and in control under pressure
Benefits to you
- Salary of up to £30,000
- Free Parking on site
- 22 days holiday + BH
If you think that this is the role for you, please click apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.