Marketing Assistant - Industrial Placement
JOB TITLE: Marketing Assistant - Industrial Placement
LOCATION: Birmingham, United Kingdom
When Gradplus.com started back in 2005, it was for one simple purpose: to help connect the best graduate talent with aspirational employers. Since then, we have created many careers, won awards, provided support & confidence for our candidates, and saved thousands of pounds for our clients.
That being said, since our creation the world has changed - and we have too! Over the years, many of the graduates that originally registered with us have gone on to achieve great things: many are in senior positions with global responsibility, some have set up their own businesses and some have recruited their next superstar through Gradplus.com. As our graduates progressed, we realised that their journey shouldn’t be over with us.
Gradplus is here to support candidates throughout their entire career journey, from Early Careers through to Executive Hires, our purpose is to help connect the best talent with the right employers - regardless of industry, seniority or experience. Whether candidates are looking for the first or next step in their career, Gradplus is here for the whole journey.
Gradplus is in the final stages of a rebrand, and is nearly ready to re-launch. We’re searching for a talented Industrial Placement student to join us as a Marketing Assistant & shout about our new brand!
The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for candidate and client attraction & all of the day-to-day marketing tasks. This role will provide you with a great foundation in marketing as you will be exposed to a range of marketing activities; from creating engaging social media posts to interpreting eshot statistics. During your placement year you will be given practical, on-the-job training and real responsibility; you will have the opportunity to come up with initiatives and drive your own Industrial Placement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Deliver online activities as part of marketing campaigns and communications to raise awareness of Gradplus with the purpose of generating candidate applications and increasing the number of job adverts posted
- Create and send eshots to candidates & potential clients
- Segment data based on the purpose/focus of the eshot
- Create engaging posts for social media to advertise roles & gain applications
- Manage social media channels to increase the audience size and candidate interaction
- General website maintenance including updating client logos
- Writing blogs for the candidate knowledge area/proofreading and moderating any guest posts
- Record eshot data & website analytics (using Google Analytics) to track trends
- Respond to inbound enquiries via email and phone calls
- Be a Gradplus brand guardian - protecting and building our brand though all communications
We’re looking for a driven individual who is keen to gain a strong foundation in marketing practices, and, ideally, has a basic understanding of marketing in a digital environment. You should be a self-starter who isn’t afraid to put your ideas forward or ask questions - you’ll be working in a busy environment, so a can-do attitude is also key.
We’re also looking for the following:
- Studying for a degree in marketing, business or related subject such as English or History
- On track to receive a 2:1 or above
- Ability to manage and interpret data
- Highly reliable with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and flexibly
- Excellent team working skills
- Good organisational skills with ability to deliver a high-quality work to meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to prioritise
- Creative thinker
- Competent in the use of general office software applications such the Microsoft Office suite
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.