OrionGroup are looking a Project Engineer NPD for our multinational medical devices client based in the Lancashire area on an initial 12-month contract.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Engineering and a focus on Project Managment.
Summary of position
To manage New Product Development project following the company Design Control procedures and Stage Gate project portfolio management system coordinating the activities of project core team activities to current and new regulations across a range of departments from R&D, Regulatory, Marketing, Labelling, Packaging, Medical, Clinical, Engineering and Operations. Manage Design Control changes to documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed below do not represent the full scope of duties and responsibilities but aims to be representative of the fundamentals expected of a Project Engineer.
All work will be carried out in accordance with company SOP`s, policies and procedures.
- Background in material science (to ease of communication) preferred.
- Able to assimilate information quickly.
- Assume responsibility for understanding interim project goals and longer-term deadlines and the required interactions between departments.
- Delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans with a high level of complexity in a changing environment and identification of resource gaps.
- Take ownership of project risks to ensure they are targeted and communicated in a timely manner.
- Interact with all levels of company management and, if needed, external experts.
- Verify own work through the company's systems.
- Liaise with and supervise vendors contracted to supply design and development information and activities to related to the project and company.
- Working as part of a Global Project Core Team with its inherent communication and cultural challenges.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferred - project management background.
- Required - ability to project manage complex, changing projects within a pressured environment and communicate progress regarding the current project milestone.
- Required - high level of soft skill
- Highly Computer Literate.
- Willing to work in virtual teams.
- Can track tasks within a project.
- Can manage and communicate change.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.