IT Project Engineer
My client is a rapidly growing IT business with a strong focus on IT Security, IT Managed Services and Support. They are seeking an ambitious individual who wishes to further their career in IT; with opportunities for training, qualifications, personal development and real responsibility for delivering excellent quality IT solutions and support for our customers. This opportunity is within the fast moving and dynamic project team.
Due to my clients constant growth and demand, there is now need to expand their Project Services Team to include another experienced Project Engineer. As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for delivering project services to not only existing IT Support customer, but also new opportunities. The role offers variety and challenges with each customer being unique and expecting excellent levels of service. The role includes:
The role includes:
* Fully scoping the project
o Providing a technical breakdown
o Estimation of time required
o Project risks & considerations
o Prerequisites for the business and the customer
o Test plans to ensure project success
* Delivering customer projects in line with the agreed scope and schedule
* Report change requests, project issues or further opportunities
* Provide daily communications to the IT Project Team and the customer
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
* Providing a full handover to the customer and IT Helpdesk
This role is predominantly based at their base in Oxford, however due to the nature of the role there will be a necessity to visit client sites - own transport is essential.
Example projects include but not limited to, delivering infrastructure solutions, such as: server replacements, wireless solution deployments, PC refresh projects, client operating system upgrades and switch, firewall and router installs.
As this is a customer facing role, candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent face to face communication skills when needed - and possess the following;
* Minimum of 4 years' IT experience in a similar role
* Strong communication skills and ability to create a strong rapport with customers
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
* Administration of Microsoft operating systems and applications
* Microsoft domain infrastructure; Exchange, group policy, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory etc. 2000 - 2012
* Certified in Sophos Security Products or experience using the Sophos product range
* Experience of virtualisation technologies; e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix
* Office 365, Veeam and Veeam Cloud Connect
* Ability to work independently under pressure
Please get in touch if this is of interest to you on or
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough - The ONE Group's recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn't just recruitment, it's: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk