Registered Manager - Harrow
Registered Manager - Harrow
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 p.a. (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Within a family assessment setting: 2 years (Preferred)
Providing care: 5 years (Preferred)
Education: Diploma of Higher Education (Required)
Licence: Full UK Driving Licence (Preferred)
A Registered Manager vacancy in a small setting - Family Residential setting vacancy has come up in Harrow. My client are looking for a manager who has experience in residential family home, with strong generic social work skills with families undergoing an assessment, particularly with a mother and child.
• Supervising qualified social workers and family support workers
• Liaising with Ofsted, ensuring compliance with relevant standards, legislation and ensuring high quality service is embedded into the service.
• To ensure that all recommendations from the Ofsted Inspection and Regulation 44 visits are implemented (or, if the implementation is not within your control reported in writing and verbally to the Director).
• To deliver occasional on-call support.
• To ensure the team provides appropriate care and support to children and families in a way that demonstrates a family-centered approach.
• Ensuring that the interests of the children are central to what happens in the unit whilst ensuring their views are respected, and where appropriate and safe to do so, acted upon.
• To ensure the team are managed and supported in a way that ensures the privacy, respect and dignity of the family at all times and to create a culture, which recognises the Equal Opportunities for all.
• To assist in the development and maintenance of a happy, stimulating and secure environment for all families and children.
• Ensure the service offers a safe and secure environment for thorough assessments to be conducted.
• To be ultimately responsible for ensuring all records relating to children and families and their progress are accurate and updated in such a manner as to ensure a high-quality end product is available at all times.
• To ensure that there is adequate staffing during the shift and take responsibility for creating staffing Rota.
• Effective communication with colleagues, external representatives and other professionals (Social Workers, Police, Education, and Health)
• To support the Directors in preparation for Ofsted Inspections and Commissioners requirements
• To perform such other tasks, commensurate with the duties outlined above, as deemed appropriate.
• To be able to write court reports/relevant needed assessments within the required timescales and attend court as and when required.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.