Motor Injury Claims Handler
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a market leading insurer who are currently recruiting for experienced Motor Injury Claims Handlers. Working out of their Halifax offices, this is a great opportunity to further your career.
This role will require you to pro-actively handle Third Party motor injury cases efficiently and effectively with claimant solicitors in order to achieve business objectives and meet the defined customer service proposition.
A lot of time will be spent dealing with claimants solicitors by telephone, but complex issues will also need to be covered in correspondence to bring claims to the best economical settlement in the shortest time possible.
You will enjoy utilising your technical knowledge to resolve queries, reach and convey decisions, and impart knowledge to others. There will be measurement of each activity within the case management system so that a profile of claim spend can be mapped against recorded activity.
- As the successful candidate you will have a good understanding of the Personal Injury claims environment, including MOJ process, pre-action protocol, claims and litigation procedures, products, and services.
- You will have experience of Legal / Insurance environment handling motor injury claims.
- Commercially motivated: able to take a proactive results oriented claims approach.
- You will have experience working within agreed authority levels which have involved settlement delivery options available.
- Strong negotiation skills and able to challenge where appropriate
- Pproven ability making decisions on legal liability, assessment of damages, choosing investigation options, experience using Guidewire would advantageous
- Flexible and team player who is happy to work with limited direct supervision
- Good understanding of claims procedures, products and services including rehabilitation, how these are delivered and be able to select appropriate solutions
- Poven ability to build relationships with others
- Excellent call handling skills and ability to convey by telephone a range of information and be a confident communicator both verbally and in writing.