Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical bias)
One Step Recruitment are seeking a Multi-skilled Engineer with an electrical bias to join our client in Chard, Somerset.
You will report to the Engineering manager and perform rigorous and diligent servicing on all manufacturing machinery and equipment. Our client is a fantastic niche food manufacturing and distribution company with a long standing history in Somerset.
You’ll work efficiently to deadlines and ensure all work is completed to the highest standards. Ideally you’ll have experience in a similar role, with strong Electrical competency and working knowledge of lean and CI systems, automated processing, PLC fault finding, COSHH and Food Hygiene.
- Maintaining the reliability of processing and packing equipment using PPM and CI,
- Leading the development of automation in processing,
- Resolving breakdowns; investigate reasons and identify preventative improvements,
- Proactively monitor and maintain processing and packing equipment,
- Service processing and packing equipment to a PPM programme,
- Update instructions, manuals, etc. where required,
- Contribute to project management,
- Proactively identify energy saving and waste reduction initiatives.
- Electrical Competency; 17th or 18th,
- H&S knowledge; COSHH, PUWER, Food Hygiene,
- PLC fault finding and programming (Schneider, Pro 7, Mitsubishi IEC GX Developer),
- Automated processing and packing equipment expertise (ideally, some robotics experience),
- Project Management skills,
- IT skills - Office, Auto Cad, Shire CMMS,
- Preventative Maintenance,
- Lean and CI systems,
- Good working knowledge of pneumatics,
Dependent on business needs, your core working hours are 40hours per week (flexible times).
You will also be required to occasionally work weekends and/or early and late shifts as required. You may also be required to be on call to attend breakdowns.
In return you will earn a salary between £36,000pa - £38,000pa. The client benefits include: Pension (employer contribution of 6%) with 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
If this role sounds perfect for you, please contact Ben at One Step Technical Recruitment, or apply online today.
We are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role.