Assistant Works Engineer
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Works Engineer to carry out reactive and planned maintenance and to be hands on role reporting to the Senior Works Engineer.
Bodycote operates an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s leading provider of heat treatments and specialist thermal processing services and is a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain, employing over 5,700 people in 26 countries.
We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure engineering on site complies with Bodycote Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure statutory requirements & inspections are carried out and any remedial actions are logged on the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) so they can be actioned.
- Report any violation to Bodycote health & safety procedures including deviation from permit systems, carry out disciplinary action if required.
- Carry out risk assessments, safe systems of work and method statements when required.
- Follow the site permit system. Ensure others follow the site permit system.
- Ensure all contractors working for you:
- Have up to date Public & Personal Liability insurance.
- Use the correct PPE for the site & task.
- Are aware of Bodycote site specific health & safety procedures.
- Follow Bodycote permit systems.
- Have method statements and risk assessments for their work.
Reporting & Communication
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all stakeholders.
- Report all breakdowns to the Senior Works Engineer.
- In the absence of the Senior Works Engineer, communicate with the Site Management team on a daily basis about all issues and projects.
- In the absence of the Senior Works Engineer, communicate with Deputy Engineering Manager ADE about:
- Any problems which cannot be resolved in one day.
- Attend Site management meetings when required.
- Attend annual management review for the site, compile and present the annual engineering report.
- Maintain good working practices and housekeeping.
- Attend call outs, as part of a rota but with flexibility depending on manpower, sickness & holidays.
- React if there is a problem during breaks & lunch (reschedule break/lunch).
- Stay after normal hours if contractors are working on site or there is a problem.
- This position is a hands on role and requires the engineer to carry out physical maintenance of equipment.
- When requested attend any of the UK sites to aid their Site Engineers in major reactive tasks.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Good standard of education
- City & Guilds/BTEC Qualification in Engineering or similar preferred but not essential as training will be given
- Electrical experience preferred together with mechanical aptitude
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension - match contribution from 3% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
How to apply:
You may apply by post or e-mail. Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options below. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.