An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a talented and driven Software Developer to join an innovative software solutions business based in Leicestershire.
- Frontend Integration - responsible for integrating frontend elements built by your co-workers into multiple applications. Use of SASS and Bootstrap frameworks, predominately integrated with WordPress or custom applications.
- PHP Development - You will be Developing Vanilla OOPHP, PHP5/PHP7, Laravel 5, and MySQL applications in a professional Agile/Scrum environment, delivering efficient and robust PHP suitable for testing.
- API Integration - Integrating with multiple API’s and other web services, mainly Google Maps, SagePay, PayPal, Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp and other interesting technologies and APIs.
- Git Management - Experience using version control systems such as Git and BitBucket repository manager. Regularly committing updates and troubleshooting conflicts.
- Test Driven Development - Good understanding of TDD (Test Driven Development) and perform own testing procedures ensuring code is written to comply with best development standards and complies with functional specifications.
What you will need to apply
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks, such as Laravel, Slim or Symfony.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Strong understanding of WordPress, creating bespoke themes and writing custom plug-ins
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Strong MySQL administration, with the ability to write complex queries
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- The ability to prioritise and manage several different tasks at once
- The ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Good motivational skills
- Good common sense and logical thinking
- The ability to relate to a wide range of people
- The ability to thrive in pressured or stressful situations
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to identify and execute effective solutions
- A committed and flexible attitude to the job
- Flexible working hours may be required
This business sits within an exciting and buoyant market place offering the successful candidate a wealth of opportunity for career development. If you are IT savvy, naturally creative and career focussed we would like to hear from you.