Associate Emergency Response Driver Trainer
Elite Advanced Driver Training is a market leader in the provision of non-emergency and emergency response driver training, to the NHS and Private Ambulance Services. Due to its success, the company is expanding its workforce in order to meet its operational demands and commitments.
This position is ideally suited for an individual who is looking for a career change which encompasses a challenging and diverse role of employment. Training will be provided to the right candidate, which will include further opportunities for development and promotion.
Once fully trained and qualified (estimated 8-months) the successful candidate will progress and be promoted to an Emergency Response Driver Trainer (salary range between £31,200 - £38,600 increment based). The selected person for role, will be required to commit to a 24-month contract, due to the time, resources and training invested.
Associate Emergency Response Driver Trainer (AERDT) - Roles and Responsibilities
The AERDT is responsible for the provisions of approved driver training within the scope of the educational programme being delivered, provide the required education and training to course candidates, conduct formative and summative assessments of candidate performance and to ensure all awarding/accrediting bodies are adhered to and met in full. This will all be completed under a direct coaching and mentored programme, until the candidate is fully qualified. The key responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Deliver and assess non-emergency and emergency response driver training.
- Undertake driving assessments during normal and high speed activities.
- Provide educational and development practices.
- Support and provide driver education and development programmes.
- Ensure delivery and assessments conducted meet the requirements of external awarding bodies.
- Offer a range of learning techniques and development opportunities.
- Produce internal and external reports for assessment and verification.
- Provide driver training advice, support and guidance at all levels.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional, diligent and effective in communication (oral and written).
- Able to work independently or as part of a dedicated team.
- Prepared to travel and work away from home with accommodation and expenses paid.
- Hold previous experience in education and training, ideally around driving education.
- Hold a clean UK/EU driving licence for a minimum period of 3-years with category C1.
- Hold a formal teaching qualification at level 3 or above.
- Hold the FAQ Level 3 Certificate in Emergency Response Ambulance Driving Qualification or equivalent (IHCDBTEC Level 2 in Emergency Response Driving).
- Have experience in Microsoft applications.
Desirable but not Essential:
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or D32/33 equivalent.
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Processes and Practice or D34/V1 equivalent.
- DVSA Approved Driving Instructor.
- Police Advanced Response Driving Instructor.