Rutherford Briant are working closely with a leading Accountancy Practice in Stamford to recruit for a Bookkeeper who will undertake bookkeeping duties on behalf of clients of the firm having gained a solid understanding of the firms operations, accounting and business advisory service.
- Maintain books of accounts and reconciliations.
- Prepare VAT returns.
- Responsibility for monitoring deadlines and ensuring these are met.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and book-keeping activities.
- Maintain up to date complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records.
- After probation period, potential to undertake book keeping work at client’s premises.
- Guide and support other members of the team in book-keeping.
- Experienced Bookkeeper with skills in computerised book keeping, filing online VAT returns and CIS returns.
- Must be organised and systematic in their approach to work.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary e.g. Sage, Xero, MS Excel, Iris.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- AAT or equivalent qualification or qualified by experience.
- Good standard of English and Maths - A-C A level or equivalent.
- Driving license essential.