Tax Advisory Manager - International Team
Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Tax Advisory Manager - International team for one of the largest independent firms of Chartered Accountants in the East Midlands. Ideally this role will sit within the Grantham office.
The manager is responsible for the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients across the practice and on special projects. Also to ensure that all team members under his/her control receive necessary job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
- To undertake UK and international tax projects/advisory work within the direct tax advisory service line.
- Responsibility for managing advisory work and billing within a project and ensuring budgets are met.
- Assisting the Tax advisory and other directors with direct tax advisory work, including scoping the projects and fee proposals.
- To provide advice and assistance to individuals within the practice as and when required.
- Working with and answering queries from directors and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and the application of this knowledge to clients affairs.
- To identify opportunities when reviewing client affairs and action these as appropriate.
- To develop others within the tax team with technical ability as well as their general development.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their Director.
- To promptly report to their Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc
- Must be CTA and/or CCAB qualified or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and implications for clients.
- Ideally experienced in UK and International tax and be able to deliver advice on direct tax, reporting directly to the firms tax directors. On the job training will be given in order to broaden knowledge
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills including the management of client expectations.