Assistant Company Secretary
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Assistant Company Secretary based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Assistant Company Secretary will be responsible for all aspects of governance and board support for the organisation and its UK subsidiaries, shareholder services (including listings, the dividend and maintenance of the Group’s share register), the Group’s statutory and regulatory reporting and its obligations under its stock exchange listings. They will also support the executive and risk management team meetings of the Group CEO and the Global Business Heads.
The Assistant Company Secretary will drive the function’s vision of “excellence in governance” and separate the UK ring fenced bank (which will be serviced by a dedicated Secretariat based in Birmingham). They will have the responsibility for supporting other significant governance activities such as the Group dividend, the AGM, the Annual Report & Accounts, governance conferences and updates for both internal and external stakeholders, and shareholder services).
The Assistant Company Secretary will provide support in the provision of a wide range of company secretarial services to the firm’s UK companies and Global business line committees (which includes listed, non-listed and regulated companies). They will assist the Co-Head of Group Secretariat and Assistant Group Company Secretaries in supporting the Boards of Directors and applying the corporate governance frameworks on a day to day basis. Moreover, they will assist and support meetings, including preparing agendas, drafting company secretarial papers, monitoring actions, circulating papers and, where appropriate, attending and minuting meetings.
The Assistant Company Secretary will act as Secretary and maintain statutory registers, submit statutory filings within the UK, and will be responsible for ensuring all statutory compliance requirements are met for a small portfolio of subsidiary companies. They will provide support for statutory and regulatory compliance requirements for other Group subsidiary companies.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Qualified company secretary with experience of high quality, large and complex organisations.
- Financial services and listed experience is desirable (given its inherent complexity) but is not essential.
- Technical precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to form and develop professional relationships with stakeholders is essential.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple demands in a challenging and changing environment.
- Collaboration and the ability to work as part of a broader team. Ensuring a coordinated and consistent approach within the function.
- Contribute towards a high-performance culture with a value driven mentality.
- Good communication skills.
Closing dates for applications: 26th April 2019