About our Trust
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services from Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital—and a number of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
The Trust has over 6,000 staff proudly serving a million people locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. We treat a patient every 40 seconds, performing 34,000 operations and carrying out 391,000 scans, x-rays and procedures each year. As the second largest maternity provider in the country we help deliver a baby almost every hour of the day. We are one of the best performing trusts in London for A&E waiting times, and our mortality rates are some of the best in the country.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as ‘Good’ in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of ‘Good’. We are one of the first trusts to receive ‘Good’ across the board under the new CQC inspection framework. Both hospitals within our Trust—Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital—were rated as ‘Good’ overall.
Our Trust was awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating for ‘use of resources’ by an NHS Improvement inspection which was completed during the same period as the CQC assessment.
Consultant in Gastroenterology
Applications are invited for a full-time Consultant in Gastroenterology Medicine. This is an opportunity to join our busy and friendly department to work with a friendly team of Consultants supported by a team of specialist registrars and specialist nurses.
The appointee will work closely with their consultant colleagues, specialist registrars and specialist nurses to support the provision of a variety of endoscopy procedures both diagnostic and therapeutic, to a population of 400,000. We are a designated Bowel Cancer Screening Centre for our local patients, and have x 3 Procedure rooms and x 1 screening room. We have a stable and vibrant Endoscopy nurse team with one of the highest retention rates within the Trust.
The role will be mainly based at our West Middlesex site and will include cross site sessions at our Chelsea site on Fulham Road, but will not include any General Medical on-call participation.
The successful candidate must be within six months of obtaining their CCT or already be eligible for inclusion on the specialist register at the time of the interview.
Closing date: 26th March 2019
Proposed interview date : 28th May 2019.
Assessment date to be confirmed
For further details / informal visits contact:
Candidates are encouraged to visit the department and initial contact should be made with Dr Krishna Sundaram on 020 8560 2121 ( Email address removed )
The Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all its employees as well as maintaining a workforce that broadly reflects the local communities we serve. In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments to the interview process can also be made for any candidates with a disability.
- The closing date given is a guide only. There may be some occasions where we have to close a vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Once the advert has closed you application will be transferred to our 3rd party recruitment system (trac.systems).
- Please ensure you check your emails is correct on your application form as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
- If you have not heard from us within three weeks after the closing date, we regret that this usually means that your application was not successful.
- In submitting an application form, you authorise Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
- During the recruitment process your Identity Documentation (i.e. passport, driving licence, visa, etc.) will be scanned using a device which recognises UV, Infrared and Machine Readable Zone security features of the documents provided
- Employment at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is offered subject to successful completion of a six month Probationary Period
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.