The Finance Director will act as a key financial, commercial and strategic business partner in this fast paced Retail/Technology organsiation.
Top-line responsibilities include;
- leading a financial agenda that balances short and medium term profit and cash delivery with long term sustainable growth.
- leading financial performance by establishing analytical capability and support.
- providing insight on business health by devising and holding the business to key financial and non-financial performance measures;
- providing clarity on and insight into the commercial outlook by leading short, medium and long term business planning;
- supporting commercial development by bringing a clear financial lens to ranging, pricing and product decisions and by driving transparency in volume performance, margin management and cost control;
- driving strong financial management by leading working capital management through the sales and operational planning forums.
- Driving consistent best-in-class approach to financial, commercial and strategic management across the business, driving operational effectiveness, comparability and transparency.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable heavyweight commercial PQE experience.
- Experience of premium consumer and/or technology businesses
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- High intellect and integrity
- High gravitas and personal impact
- Highly commercial but with excellent strategic instincts
- Overcomes functional and market boundaries to gain consensus and drive change
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Able to manage complexity, competing interests and conflicting priorities
- Ability to challenge preconceptions and entrenched beliefs
- Ability to develop, assess and advocate strategic options
- Credibility across a multi-functional organisation as somebody who's not just a Finance professional.