Senior Travel Consultant
Job description for position:
Senior Sales Consultant
Based in Richmond
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Basic salary (according to experience) + incentive on sales + overtime
We are looking for enthusiastic individual that has a drive to succeed in sales, and a passion for and knowledge of Italy.
Using their destination knowledge, our Senior Sales Consultants sell individually designed tailor-made itineraries for our discerning clients. The successful candidate will have previous sales experience, preferably 5 years or more. In addition, the ability to deliver excellent customer service is paramount.
Experience and skills required:
- At least 5 years’ experience in selling up market Holidays to Italy.
- Good knowledge of Italy and its Hotels and Products
- Knowledge of GDS booking systems (preferably Sabre)
- To be able to work well in a team and under pressure
- To have good excel and word skills
- Experience in tailor made holidays construction
- Attention to detail
- Preferably an English person or someone with perfect spoken and written English as second language.
- Selling Holidays to Direct customers over the phone and via email enquiries.
- To provide professional holidays quotes and follow up to ensure highest level of conversion.
- Selling Holidays to Travel Agents over the phone and via email enquiries.
- To process bookings data accurately and manage relation with clients
- During downturn periods, (Sept-Dec) ad –hoc responsibilities in general tasks that are needed for the business to get ready for the following selling year. Web information updates, Hotels information updates and Bench Marketing etc..