Development Co-ordinator (Part-time)
Job Title: DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR (Part-time approx. 21 hours)
Lancaster West Children’s Community Network (LWCCN) is a community organisation based in North Kensington working to offer a range of services and activities for families with young children. These currently include a nursery, drop-in groups, family support and creche groups.
LWCCN is a long established organisation with strong links in the community. Since the Grenfell Tower fire in June, 2017 which displaced some of our groups, we have been working hard to meet the increased demands from local residents as well as supporting staff, volunteers and others who have been affected by those events.
We are looking for somebody who is keen and enthusiastic to use their skills to build on the good working currently taking place plus extending our capacity. You will assist in the ongoing development of this community based, innovative and enterprising organisation as it moves into the future whilst continuing to be sensitive to the ongoing effects of the Grenfell Fire.
We have a flexible approach to covering this role, what we are most interested in is attracting the right person who is committed to our aims and values
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver LWCCN’s work with families alongside the senior project managers.
- Ensure that LWCCN is fully able to participate in the ongoing recovery and regeneration of the Lancaster West Estate and North Kensington area.
- Network, participate in and work closely with all appropriate agencies, both voluntary and statutory. This to include locality based groups, sector and cross sector groupings, schools, etc.
- Identify opportunities, fundraise for and promote new services for families. Also ensure ongoing funding for existing services from RBKC, charities, etc.
- Ensure the successful establishment of new nursery premises on the preferred site on the Lancaster West Estate in conjunction with the Nursery Manager and property professionals.
- Contribute to the organisation’s strategic planning to ensure ongoing sustainability
- Reporting to the Management Committee, work closely with and co-ordinate the work of the committee, service managers and administrator.
- A track record of successful fundraising, delivery of projects and sound project management experience including accountability to funders and managing programme budgets
- Experience of co-ordinating and overseeing the work of others via project teams or line management
- Experience of building effective relationships and working well with external partners
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate people
- Excellent communication, IT, numeracy and budget management skills
- Knowledge of current early years practice and/or working alongside families in the community is desirable. A willingness to learn more about this sector is essential
£17,800 - £20,000 per annum for 21 hours per week (dependent on experience). Actual working days/hours to be agreed
CLOSING DATE Wednesday 10th April, 2019
INTERVIEWS Week beginning Tuesday, 23rd April
Please apply for an application form via the button below.
CVs are also welcome in addition to completed application form
LANCASTER WEST CHILDREN’S COMMUNITY NETWORK (LWCCN)
Ilys Booker Centre, Lower Clarendon Walk, Lancaster West Estate, London W11 2SL.
Telephone: 020 7221 9031
Registered Charity No: 1078316. Limited Company No: 3835048