The Role - Management Accountant - Commercial
Robert Half is exclusively recruiting for this market-leading, highly-regarded, c £1billion turnover, profitable, service sector company that is headquartered in Central Birmingham.
The continually increasing growth, size and complexity of the business presents a fantastic opportunity for the company to review its operations and processes to identify profitability improvement opportunities and support the organisations ambitious growth targets.
The Management Accountant will add in establishing new processes, managing and developing a team and challenging conventional practice continuously as well as interacting with stakeholders and developing business partnering skills.
The main focus of the Senior Management Accountant will be:
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, forecasts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Analysis of financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts.
- Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
To be successful in the role, it is envisaged that you will be a graduate calibre, qualified accountant with relevant professional experience, who can demonstrate sound financial and commercial judgement.
Strong communication skills, having the ability to be build strong rapport with the all stakeholders.
A desire to identify areas of improvements, problem solving with the drive to delivering results. Very strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and be able to present results in a simple and clear manner. Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint handler is a must with VBA and Macros knowledge being beneficial.
Candidates should have experience of working in a fast moving, challenging work environment with a track-record of offering excellent long-term career progression.
Salary & Benefits
Attractive base salary of between £40,000 & £45,000 + bonus and benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice