Field Service Engineer
A Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs installation, integration, configuration, commissioning, test, training, tuning, troubleshooting, and break/fix activities for Harmonic’s VOS Cloud based digital media Distribution and Playout solutions for Southern Europe customers. The regional Field Service Engineers (FSE) are primary resources for on-site Customer support and troubleshooting. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering technical support to Harmonic Customers in the region, both on-site and remotely.
- Provision of system commissioning and Customer acceptance testing.
- Provide on-site and remote support for Harmonic hardware and software applications.
- Resolving equipment performance issues within Harmonic equipment and in conjunction with Application Partners, utilizing Harmonic’s technical issue logging/escalation systems as appropriate.
- Provision of technical and operational training to Harmonic Customers and Partners.
- Use of the Harmonic internal Customer Relationship Management databases to ensure accurate logging of relevant details.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of ‘system-wide’ situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve Customer issues on site in a timely manner and if needed escalate problems for assistance.
- Use independent, professional judgment to avoid errors that would impact Customer Service.
- Regular follow up of the customer overall Service and Support situation to ensure Service Level Agreements are properly delivered to Premium customers.
Required Job Skills:
- Deep knowledge/experience in IT infrastructures and server based technologies is a must have, including Unix/Linux systems, Virtual Machines, OpenStack, Docker, micro-services, …
- Working knowledge/experience with Cloud based technologies and architecture is a need including deep understanding in at least one among AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OVH, …
- Working knowledge and/or experience with audio/video compression formats and familiarity with the broadcast and multimedia industry will be highly welcome.
- Working knowledge/experience with Video Distribution over IP: IPTV, OTT, transcoding, origin/packaging, CDN is highly desirable.
- Disk storage technologies knowledge/experience including: NAS, SAN, SCSI, Fibre Channel, RAID.
- Networking knowledge/experience with Ethernet, routers, switches, hubs, TCP/IP, CIFS, and NFS.
- Certification CCNA or equivalent is a plus.
- Working knowledge/experience with 3rd party broadcast products, including: Real Time MPEG Encoders, Automation Systems, Non-linear Edit Suites, Video Switchers/Routers will be welcome.
Years of Direct Experience Required:
A minimum of three years of relevant work experience is required. Direct experience providing post-sales service and technical support to Customers within IT infrastructure and/or Television Broadcast Industry in the region is needed.
Areas of Direct Experience:
Experience in installing and supporting Cloud base, VM Ware or bare metal solutions for the Digital Video/Broadcast and/or IT Storage Industries is a major plus. Knowledge of digital video and audio broadcast technology and operational practices, experience with products that transport, encode, compress, store and play out audio and video media for the Broadcast Industry, with a strong emphasis on a systems perspective. Some pre-sales technical support may also be required to augment the existing pre-sales technical team in the region.
A technical college degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience is acceptable.
Travel and Location
The location is in the UK.
This position requires travel within the EMEA Region from time to time, based on short notice.
Fluent English is a must to have.
For further details and to apply, please visit: https://www.harmonicinc.com/careers/?p=job%2FoCHk9fww