Deputy Director of Learning - Maths
Deputy Director of Learning: Maths
Main Pay Scale + TLR2
Required from September 2019
Eden Boys’ School, Bolton is an inclusive, outward-looking and progressive 11-18 Muslim faith school with a specialism in Leadership. The school which opened in September 2014 is part of a successful family of schools, run by Star Academies. Currently the school has 575 Learners. The school is heavily over-subscribed. Learners of all faiths and none are welcome to apply for a place at the school. In May 2017 the school was inspected by OFSTED and was rated outstanding in every category. The school has completed its first GCSE exams this year. Our fantastic results included 90% of students achieving grades 9-4 and 76% of students achieving grades 9-5 in both English and Maths, putting us amongst the top 5% of schools nationally.
Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, personal development and community service.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher and an inspirational leader,
- have a proven track record of success and raising learner attainments in Maths,
- be a committed team player,
- understand changes in the Maths curriculum,
- have experience of developing an exciting curriculum that suits every type of learner,
- be organised, energetic and passionate about working within a free school,
- be committed to the STAR Academies ethos of high expectations,
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of learners.
You will find a school that:
- is passionate about its mission of ‘promoting a culture of educational excellence within a caring and secure Islamic environment’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact the school.
Closing date: Monday 25th March at 12.00 noon
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.