Diagnostic Imaging/ Radiology Manager - Wellesley
Diagnostic Imaging / Radiology Manager - Wellesley
Spire Wellesley Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from across Essex. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, from the very best medical professionals, to our attentive and highly experienced support staff.
The Wellesley has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have a Theatre refurbishment planned for Spring 2019 to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing cutting edge technology to our hospital.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Excellent work life balance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Wellness screening, Eyesight tests, Cycle to work, Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards). Spire Wellesley Hospital also offer free parking and a subsidised staff canteen and is a very friendly place to work with low turnover of staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and wellbeing needs.
- Develop practice in addressing individual's health and wellbeing needs.
- Establish and maintain communication with various individuals and groups on complex potentially stressful topics, across a range of situations
- Develop own managerial and clinical knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop.
- Develop strategies and policies for service improvement.
- Improve quality.
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
- Delegate work to others.
- Determine the effective use of physical and financial resources.
- Undertake Human Resource activities for all members of the team
- Assist with research and development.
- Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measurement, monitoring, diagnoses and treatment.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI..
Who we are looking for
- Degree (BSc Hons) or equivalent.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professional Council
- Analysing imaging management problems and coming up with viable solutions
- Working as a practitioner in and across multi disciplinary teams
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient cases
- Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
- Experience, minimum of 2 years in a senior positon within your team
- Supervisory/Management qualification
- Member of the Society of Radiographers
Who are we
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
For further information please contact Carly on [... Click Apply...], alternatively you can email
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.