Drivers and Driver/Tour Guides
Tour Skye is seeking experienced Drivers/Tour Guides based in Inverness.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Love Scotland to bits;
- Know everything about Scotland (just joking…) and are keen to learn as much as possible of Scotland’s history, culture and heritage. We would of course provide trainings and materials to learn and to make this journey as easy as possible for you;
- Are based in Inverness and hold a Driving Licence D to drive 30ish-seat coaches, a Digital tachograph card, and a valid CPC Card;
- Suit a kilt like Sam Heughan in Outlander - just joking…;
- Cannot stand the 9 to 5 behind the desk kind of job. This job requires a high degree of flexibility. You will never be asked to over-do, but you may be asked to spend a night out somewhere in Scotland every once in a while;
- Know any foreign languages or Scottish Gaelic - this isn’t compulsory, but definitely appreciated;
- Can swallow the bitter pill of completing daily vehicle safety checks and legal documentation. It’s not fun but it needs done. If you don’t know what this translates into, don’t worry, we’ll train you when you start working with us.
- Have the right attitude: we work for Travellers. These peeps are here to enjoy their time. You need to be able to respond appropriately at all times, keep your manners, and relax. You will be required to use your own initiative in case of road disruptions, delays of all sorts, unplanned and unforeseen issues. We’ll be here to give you a hand, but ultimately you’ll be on the spot. We’ll rely on your problem-solving skills if the occasion arises.
What to expect from this job:
- A wage (not bad, eh?). Our Driver-Guides earn £10-12 per hour (depending on Driving Licence qualification);
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week;
- You’ll be automatically enrolled in our Pension Scheme;
- Plenty of tips from your happy passengers;
- You’ll be issued a Rota hopefully a couple of weeks in advance to allow a healthy work-life balance. We do expect you to be flexible though…
More info available at: https://www.tourskye.com/careers
Please send CV and Cover Letter to Daniela@TourSkye.com