Risk and Compliance Lawyer - Contract - Global Law firm.
A global law firm are looking for an in-house risk and compliance lawyer to join them ASAP to provide cover for a period of maternity leave. The role is to start imminently and could run for up to 12 months in duration.
The role is to provide risk and compliance support to the firm and the successful candidate will join and work with other in-house lawyers in the firm’s risk team. You would provide support to the firm’s General Counsel, COFA, COLP and the wider business.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Assisting the promotion and development of a risk management culture across the firm;
- Researching and providing guidance on the professional conduct and ethical obligations of lawyers;
- Reviewing and updating the firm’s policies and procedures, breach registers, risk registers, compliance plan and engagement letters;
- Providing advice to partners and fee earners regarding risk queries in relation to engagement letters and other contractual documents, client terms and service level agreements;
- Keeping up to date of SRA rules and the altering regulatory requirements to include restrictions on operating in overseas jurisdictions, compliance with relevant law society or bar guidance as well as attending meetings to share knowledge and ideas regarding regulatory and compliance issues or developments.
Successful candidates will have experience working in a leading City practice or major regional firm on risk and compliance matters. Experience in risk and compliance relating to data protection, contracts, insurance agreements, conflicts and financial crime is key.
Due to the urgent requirement, candidates should be available either immediately or at short notice.
Please note, PQE and salary levels are purely a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the requisite skills required to fulfil the role.
Apply for this job
To discuss this opportunity please send your CV in complete confidence to: email@example.com.