Digital Platform Operations Engineer, Digital Solutions
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Digital Platform Operations Engineer, Digital Solutions based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Digital Platform Operations Engineer will be part of the Digital Solutions which will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. They will develop new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with the customers; build and improve the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovate the propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
The Digital Platform Operations Engineer, Digital Solutions will have detailed knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools (e.g. Jenkins, Cloud Foundry, AppDynamics). They will be responsible for highly available, highly scalable architectures and providing expert knowledge of SAML and JWT. They will be accountable for designing and building in the cloud (ideally AWS / Azure). Moreover, they will lead technology evaluation and adoption.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong Technical Skills.
- Experience in micro services architecture and engineering.
- Experience working on PaaS: Cloud Foundry/AWS, Microservices: Mulesoft / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud, APM: AppDynamics / New Relic, LM : Splunk, ELK, Java.
- Exposure to emerging technologies in Cloud and Mobile space is desirable.
- Influence and champion new ideas and methods.
- And equally important - you listen and reflect back what others communicate to you.
- Be flexible under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Be comfortable working within an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- Be a clear communicator, document the work, and share the ideas but also be open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Ask ‘why’, be inquisitive, and want to solve interesting problems.
- Preparedness to challenge the status quo and always be pushing for smarter ways of working.
Closing dates for applications: 19th April 2019