Product Developement Manager
Create are partnered with an independently owned supplier of luxury uniforms. They manufacture bespoke uniforms and corporate clothing that people love to wear and that reflects the brands they work on. There client projects include hotels, airlines, beauty and retail uniforms for some of the UK's top brands. They are currently recruiting for a Product Development Manager.
The ideal candidate would be mid to senior level, Someone who understands both creative as well as the technical side (Gerber Pattern knowledge etc) of the business
The successful candidate will report to the Supply chain / Production Director and will have 2-3 direct reports (in pattern and sampling team)
- Manage the output from the Pattern Cutters, Sample Machinist and Factories to ensure the completion of first samples correctly and on time
- Forecast and flag up if more resources are required to complete the samples in line with the required critical path
- Liaise with the fabric and trim suppliers to ensure all required components arrive on time to make the samples
- Add all new samples to the Progress tracker and plot in key approval dates
- Issue deadlines for sample work to be completed, following Design conducting initial / proto sample fit sessions with QC and garment technologists
- Develop an excellent relationship with the relevant factories, making the initial samples and visit factories as necessary.
- Attend all initial Project meetings to understand the individual client needs for the required image, price and job roles
- Take an active interest in stock garments available from factories and suppliers and inform the team of your finds
- Working with the Designer and Garment technologist, ensure that the pattern, trims and fabrics are all correct and suitable for the purpose
- Pick up all details of the tech pack assembled by Design and log on one sheet for the Spec Workbooks
- Amend or create specifications or tech packs – when respective team (design or production) needs a fast turnaround. Illustrator skills essential.
SECONDARY ROLE – Supporting Responsibility
- Help Production to find new factories ( Europe ) and to get samples when required
- Develop excellent relationships with our current mills and source additional fabric suppliers for each product area where required, across UK, Europe and Far East
- Working with the relevant Production Manager, ensure all lab dips, initial fabric test reports, handlooms and branding submits are actioned and approved in time to the critical path
- When available attend first sealer sample fits with QC and Garment technologist to ensure any design and fit corrections issued by design, are kept on track
- When required arrange for urgent MTO’s ( made to order ) to be made in factories locally
- Good communicator written and verbal
- Team player
- Good technical knowledge of garment construction
- An understanding of pattern making
- Thorough understanding of fabrics
- Organised and capable of multi tasking.
- Working to a critical path