Top Church Training
We are a Dudley based charity – working across the West Midlands - whose aim is to reduce isolation and increase the participation of unskilled, lonely and vulnerable people so that they become more involved in community life and develop skills and attributes that help them progress in their lives and contribute to society.
We do this through:
- Bespoke 1-2-1 mentoring and support
- Our Café Placement and Office Administration Scheme
- Life skills training, including: cooking workshops, finance & budgeting, debt management and benefit advice.
About the role
- To ensure that the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements and acts in accordance with its governing document.
- To safeguard and promote the values and mission of the charity.
- To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through clear strategic planning and business planning.
- To uphold the fiduciary duty invested in the position, undertaking such duties in a way that adds to public confidence and trust in the charity.
- To promote and develop the charity in order for it to grow and to maintain its public benefit.
- To maintain sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisation’s objects, that investment activities meet accepted standards, that effective internal controls and risk management procedures are in place.
- To ensure that a fully effective and appropriate system is in place for the recruitment, appointment and monitoring of the work and activities of the Service Delivery Manager and where applicable other members of the management team.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity and its resources, striving for best practice in good governance.
- To abide by all relevant Top Church Training policies and procedures.
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Top Church Training.
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement.
- An ability to think creatively.
- A willingness to speak your mind.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team while contributing an independent perspective.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- The ability to understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship.
We are particularly interested in someone with a background in all or some of these areas:
- Co Secretarial
- Social Work
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
It’s an exciting time to join Top Church Training. We have recently been awarded £300,000 of lottery funding and are looking to the future as we build on our success to date and embark on a number of changes including moving premises, redesigning our website and adding to and strengthening our board of trustees.
- The Board meets monthly.
- Attendance at functions, team meetings etc. as appropriate.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV and a short covering letter explaining your interest in the charity, how you meet the job specification and how your skills and experience will strengthen their board.
Apply for Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly