Tax Partner or Partner Designate
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work alongside the current tax partner, leading the firm's tax services and team. Providing an excellent tax service to the firm's clients', generating new business and leading and developing the team. Living the firm's values and helping to move PM+M along the journey towards being the best North West firm of finance professionals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide high quality, commercial tax advice to a range of clients.
- To generate new work for the firm from existing clients and by bringing new clients into the firm.
- To develop, train and mentor team members
The ideal candidate will have a corporate tax and advisory focus, ideally with experience of advising OMB clients - considering the business and its owners. You will also have some experience of advising on the tax aspects of corporate finance transactions. You will be a team player, not a lone wolf. We work very much as a team - both within the tax team and across our wider client service relationships. Those strong collaborative relationships help us give excellent service to our clients.
Depending on experience, you might join directly as a partner or as a director with a progression plan to partner.
As a partner in PM+M you will play a key role in a growing and successful independent firm and have the opportunity to progress to equity ownership in future.
Reporting and performance management:
- Reporting to the lead tax partner.
- Quarterly performance reviews, alongside an annual personal development plan, to ensure development is maintained to help you reach your full potential.
- Professional, technical and soft skills training.
We also want you to be:
- Able to think strategically - helping to create and drive our future strategy.
- Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
- Passionate about providing great client service.
- A leader of people
- Great at communicating with people at all levels - face to face and in writing.
- Positive and good at using your initiative.
- Good at working under pressure.
- Motivated and personally effective.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced tax adviser with experience of advising companies and their owners.
- Have strong business development skills.
- Be a team player.
- Be ambitious - we want you to help us take our tax team to the next level.
PM+M is a vibrant and dynamic firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious plans to be the best North West firm of finance professionals and have a truly exceptional culture supporting that.
We recently appeared in the Accountancy Age top 50+50 UK firms listing and are gold accredited Investors in People.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections supporting our clients globally.
Consisting of our accountancy practice and wealth management and corporate finance companies, the PM+M Group supports clients across a wide range of sectors and through all stages of their business cycle and lives.
An opportunity has arisen to join the growing and successful tax team at a senior and influential level.
Celebrating our centenary in 2019, we are proud to be an independent North West firm and have clear intentions to remain so.
PM+M is owned by partners who are committed to the communities in which we operate and to having control over our own destiny as business owners. This is a great opportunity for a like-minded individual who shares our values and wants to be a business owner as well as a tax expert.
As a Partner:
- flexible tailored packages apply. You will join as a fixed share partner with the opportunity to progress to equity in future.
As a Director:
- Market rate salary
- 28 days' holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas closedown)
- On site free parking
- Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, child care vouchers, extra holidays etc.
- Employer pension contribution of 7%
- Death in Service life cover of 4 x salary
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Full technical training and support