Could you help change lives and reduce the harm caused by crime?
Belong is a growing criminal justice charity that enables hope, rehabilitation and recovery for victims and perpetrators of harm. We inspire change and hope by providing long term, individualised responses to conflict and crime. We are inviting applications to join our Board of Trustees, to broaden the insight and skills the Board brings to the organisation and continue to drive the development of our unique charity. We would particularly welcome applications from individuals with senior level experience of working in the prison sector, restorative justice, psychotherapy, law, fundraising or financial management.
In addition, we are looking for individuals with the following essential skills, experiences and qualities:
- Leadership skills exercised through a period of change
- Commitment to and an empathy with Belong and its purpose, beliefs and values
- A strategic and forward-looking vision
- Integrity, honesty and transparency
- Good communication skills
- An ability to maintain constructive relationships with other trustees, members of staff and stakeholders.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An understanding of the voluntary and/or criminal justice sector.
Trustees play a crucial role in maintaining the vision, mission and values of Belong and ensuring that the organisation has a sustainable future and a solid reputation. Board members ensure strong leadership, alongside the CEO, to staff and volunteers. They help ensure that perpetrators and victims of harm are well supported by Belong's services. In addition, trustees ensure that Belong complies with the law in all its activities, is financially stable, and properly manages its resources and funding.
Trustees need to be able to commit approximately 5 hours per month to their role and participate in bimonthly monthly meetings on weekday evenings in central London.
Please apply for this role by submitting a CV and a supporting statement (no more than two pages please) explaining why you would wish to become a trustee and the skills and experience you would bring to the board.