A truly unique position of Accessibility Lead / Accessibility Practitioner is needed to join a highly innovative UX insight, experience design and strategy agency based in Edinburgh. If you have experience within the world of digital accessibility and inclusive design for people with disabilities and have a solid understanding of assistive technologies please apply now.
Our client recognises the importance of greater accessibility enabling companies to reach a wider audience through inclusive design. Based in lovely offices in Edinburgh with a talented and passionate team of user experience consultants, our client has been working in this sector for 19 years and has a global client base including many well-known iconic brands and household names.
The role of Accessibility Lead / Accessibility Practitioner is varied in it responsibilities. Whether you are helping clients ensure that their digital solutions are inclusively designed, assisting in developing, visualising and testing the accessibility and UX of products and services, advising on improvements on design to deliver the best user experience or helping create an accessibility strategy you will be continuously looking for ways to advance digital accessibility.
In addition to supporting clients, the Accessibility Lead /Accessibility Practitioner will be a key spokesperson for advancement within the field and will demonstrate thought leadership through training, conferences and articles.
To qualify. Whether you are an Accessibility Lead / Accessibility Practitioner / Accessibility Consultant / User Experience Architect / Senior User Experience Architect or similar we don't mind but your CV needs to demonstrate:
- A degree or similar qualification in an relevant area (UX, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Accessibility, Psychology, Computer Science or similar);
- Significant experience working on web accessibility, including leading the auditing of websites / apps and performing usability testing with disabled people;
- Extensive experience of applying the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, ARIA and HTML5 to create accessible website;
- Additional extensive experience in assistive technologies, including JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext, Voiceover (iOS and OSX), TalkBack, Dragon Naturally Speaking and other major assistive technologies;
- A track record of developing and advising on accessibility for large web based projects, or have conducted accessibility focussed research / design projects across a range of platforms;
- You are a team player, who works well in a collaborative and consultative environment.
This is a one off opportunity for a passionate, talented and inspiring Accessibility Lead to shape the future of digital accessibility and inclusive user experiences. In return for your commitment to accessibility you will work in a great team environment with a group of talented and equally passionate professionals. You will also receive a competitive salary, company pension, generous personal development budget, fresh fruit and coffee supplied continuously and generous holiday allowance including your birthday off. Apply now.