Health Check Practitioner - Somerset
Thrive Tribe’s vision is to pioneer preventative healthcare delivery to empower over 1 million people to change behaviours and thrive. We are an innovative and value-led organisation with a rating of 4.8/ 5 on employee review website Glassdoor. Every person makes Thrive Tribe the incredible place it is to work and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment our talented people work hard but we ensure lots of fun is thrown in too!
You will utilise your knowledge and experience to benefit residents across the whole of Somerset, supported by clinical supervision and governance. Services will mainly be delivered from external outreach locations throughout the County, though time in the Wells office is also expected for admin, reporting and meeting purposes.
To achieve our vision, we have a superb Tribe of dedicated individuals working across our services. This is an opportunity to be part of a vibrant organisation with a meaningful mission. In addition to a range of team building away days and challenges, we provide comprehensive training and great opportunities for career development and progression.
Like all roles at Thrive Tribe, you can expect your time at work to be fun, varied and challenging. We don’t like to stick to a firm JD as we know from experience that things change throughout the lifetime of a role. However, so you know what to expect, here are the initial main duties for this role:
- Help maintain the ethos and success of Thrive Tribe by managing relationships with your team, stakeholders and clients in line with the organisation’s culture and values.
- To use motivational interviewing or other behaviour change techniques to help clients improve their health
- To develop and maintain effective working relations with key partners and other health professionals to establish appropriate referral systems and ensure holistic provision of care.
- To deliver NHS Health Checks including onward referrals to other local community activities, and wider Somerset services. Work towards hitting and surpassing target outcomes as agreed with NHS Health Checks Coordinator.
- To promote and generate referrals into the NHS Health Checks programme, through high quality community engagement and outreach.
- To input data to the Somerset IT Platform / database in line with data protection and information governance protocols.
- To securely submit all NHS Health Check results to GP practices within agreed time frame and in line with NICE guidance.
- Ensure quality standards are fully met and that programmes are delivered in a safe, high quality and customer-focused manner.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the service’s engagement team to ensure clear and concise messaging and identify gaps in local NHS Health Checks service provision.
- Help to develop Somerset NHS Health Checks, supporting peers and the team to continually innovate and drive continued improvement.
Contract: Permanent, part time (2 days per week)
Salary: £8,970.00 per year
Location: Community based, primarily working in Taunton and across South and West Somerset.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is Thursday 11th April 2019. To apply, please attach your CV and a covering letter of at least 250 words. Applicants will be contacted soon after the closing date to outline the next stages of the process.
If you are interested in working for Thrive Tribe and would like to be kept up to date with future roles and opportunities then please feel free to sign up to our careers community list by clicking here
More than anything, we are looking for a team player who puts their heart into their work and communicates superbly with colleagues and stakeholders. You’ll also need to relate strongly to our values, as they run through everything we do, and have an interest in health and wellbeing. Of course, we are also looking for some experience for this role, as follows:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Familiarity and experience with a range of computer software including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A positive, pro-active approach to work that aligns with the values of Thrive Tribe.
- Experience of working in health, social or community services, in direct contact with service users and working with other frontline teams.
- Working towards, hitting and surpassing targets (Key performance indicators)
- Knowledge or experience of delivering NHS Health Checks is desirable but all training will be provided during the induction process.
- Ability to build professional relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Good clinic and time management skills enabling you to see high client volumes
- Understanding of the barriers people can face when accessing health and social care services including knowledge of equality issues and legislation.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of evaluation and assessment of outcomes relating to community development and health inequalities.
- Happy to work flexible working patterns, including regular evening and occasional weekend work.
- Ideally a degree or professional qualification in a health related subject.
22-28 days annual leave with 8 days bank holiday per year, Pension scheme, life insurance, regular programme of team building/social events, online shopping discounts, tea/coffee on tap, bike to work scheme….and loads of friendly, supportive colleagues.