Buying and Merchandise Manager
Buying and Merchandising Manager
Great salary package
A very exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s fastest-growing womenswear brand in the North East.
My client is an innovative brand that produces trend led fashion which is exciting, inspirational and original.
You will be responsible for developing the buying and merchandising strategy including analyzing the sales and website performance data to identify opportunities to maximize sales and profitability through strategic planning, stock turnover, and open-to-buy and buying margins.
The office culture is fun, friendly and a bubbly, personable individual with an excellent work ethic would fit in well.
Buying and Merchandising Manager. The Role:
- To be responsible for the buying cycle and control all aspects of the fashion department to maximise the growth, return on investment and profitability.
- Implement and develop procedures to improve efficiencies within the Buying and Merchandising teams.
- Develop and manage supplier relations to ensure optimum product definition, prices and terms of business.
- Work with the marketing, finance and operations teams reporting directly to the Managing Director.
- In conjunction with the buying team, develop the women's offering through brand identification and range planning.
- Review sales, stock and mark down levels and aggressively drive sales with buyers and merchandisers.
- Monitor work flow and accuracy within the teams.
- Monitor competitor activity, promotions and comparisons.
Buying and Merchandising Manager. The Candidate:
- Ideal candidates will have 5yrs+ experience in a similar position with a brand or retailer.
- Experience in critical path management and margin optimisation.
- Must have branded and ecommerce experience and the ability to lead and develop a team.
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods.
- Previous experience with budget and project management with the ability to see through to completion.
- Excellent Excel skills, highly analytical, strong numerical skills.
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level within fashion.
- You will be a confident decision maker with the ability to execute ideas quickly and effectively.
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.