Bigdata Analyst Programmer
Job title : Bigdata Analyst Programmer
Number of vacancies : 1
Salary : £33000 - £38000
Job reference : QUASARSSLTD-Bigdata-032019/IT02
Job posting date :18 March 2019
Closing Date : 17 April 2019
Work location : Stanmore
QUASAR SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED currently looking for a full time Bigdata Analyst Programmer to join our team.
The role will require the candidate to have a good experience in Big Data Stack ,Python, Hadoop ecosystem, storage and distribution technologies.
· Work closely with management to prioritize business and strategic objectives using a data-driven approach
· Design and programming of modules within a project, preparation of low-level design, unit level testing and system testing.
· Data Migration: analysis of source data, mapping data, implementing and testing the migration process
· Excellent implementation and support of the theory and practices of operating systems, application software, and other information technology
· Creates and maintains processes for monitoring system quality and availability
· Support, and upgrade/improve, production software systems
· Analysing, designing and developing applications to the given specifications
· Writes and codes individual programs according to specifications.
· Develops user interfaces, Tests and corrects software programs.
· Work includes implementing of the approach within the team and providing timely and accurate updates as tothe status of the completion of the project
· Manage any outages or incidents to ensure the root cause, impacts and solutions are quickly identified with
· effective communication and prioritisation with stakeholders throughout the duration of the outage.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Candidate must have minimum 4 years of experience into Bigdata and Java
· Hands on Experience in Hadoop Ecosystem, ELK and Airflow
· Expert in building applications using Spark and Spark Streaming
· Knowledge of Java/ Python
· Experience in handling projects in DWBI/ Analytics business and experienced in Big data project implementation
· Experience in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Elastic Search, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
· High level experience in Java, PHP, Python, R, Angular
· Experience in loading external data to Hadoop environments using tools like MapReduce, Sqoop and Flume.
· Experience around interfacing with data-science products and creating tools for easier deployment of data-science tools.
- Excellent communications skills and able to build relationships with all key project stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience in software design & development using agile methodology
- Prior experience in developing scalable & high availability applications • Ability to troubleshoot problems in Big Data environment & diagnose performance bottlenecks
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, unit testing, TDD, source control management, continuous integration, defect management, build processes & testing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills