Job title : Bigdata Engineer
Number of vacancies : 1
Salary : £35000
Job reference : QUASARSSLTD-Bigdata-042019/IT03
Job posting date :18 March 2019
Closing Date : 17 April 2019
Work location : Stanmore
QUASAR SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED currently looking for a full time Bigdata Engineer to join our team.
· Design, development and support software solutions within an Agile team
· Design and develop Big Data architecture and server-side components that drive AutoGrid's Energy Data Platform
· Work within microservices architecture with Spring boot, Java 8 deploying to AWS utilising Jenkins for CI/CD
· You have worked on all stages of the SDLC in an environment where the tech stack was chosen for its suitability for the given project
· Develop high-quality software design and architecture
· Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
· Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
· Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
· Work closely with application development and product management teams to understand application requirements
· Design and implement distributed applications collecting event data while creating, analysing & reporting on different behaviour patterns for multiple e-commerce companies.
· Participate in analysis of data stores and help with data analytics.
· Analysis and identification of source data, architecting and designing data ingestion pipeline & data transformations leveraging Big Data Platform and Cloud technology
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Candidate must have minimum 4 years of experience into Bigdata and Java
· Hands on Experience in Hadoop Ecosystem, ELK and Airflow
· Expert in building applications using Spark and Spark Streaming
· Knowledge of Java/ Python
· Experience in handling projects in DWBI/ Analytics business and experienced in Big data project implementation
· Experience in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Elastic Search, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
· High level experience in Java, PHP, Python, R, Angular
· Experience in loading external data to Hadoop environments using tools like MapReduce, Sqoop and Flume.
· Experience around interfacing with data-science products and creating tools for easier deployment of data-science tools.
- Excellent communications skills and able to build relationships with all key project stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience in software design & development using agile methodology
- Experience in Big data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, HDFS, Kafka, Druid, Elastic Stack, Hive, HBase etc. in a complex Big Data product/project
- Experience in Java, NodeJS, J2EE, messaging, Cloud, Microservices and using them in building complex, scalable, SAAS or enterprise grade products
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Prior experience in developing scalable & high availability applications • Ability to troubleshoot problems in Big Data environment & diagnose performance bottlenecks
- Experience in Data Analytics and Cloud technologies like Azure, AWS etc
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, unit testing, TDD, source control management, continuous integration, defect management, build processes & testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experienced in following technologies:
• Application development in Python and Java programming languages
• Distributed system deployments
• Server-side caching
• Web services (REST and SOAP)
• SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)