Great opportunity for a driven, strategic Newly Qualified Accountant with a passion for sports apparel brands and an interest in developing their skills within the FMCG sector.
Our client is an acquisitive and ambitious business with a family feel and a passion for their brand. They operate within the UK and the EU and are continuously looking to grow and develop.
- Management of the accounting system (accounts payable and receivable and general ledger), with appropriate supervision and guidance to the finance team.
- Preparation of business plans and forecasts.
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts and cash-flow management.
- Monthly review of the profit and loss accounts and periodic reconciliation of the balance sheet.
- Processing month end close and assisting the Head of Finance with the preparation of the monthly accounts, reports and departmental reviews.
- Verifying and reconciling contracts, orders, commissions and royalties.
- Processing year end close and assisting the Head of Finance with the preparation of the year end accounts.
- Completing VAT returns.
- Completing statutory returns for Companies House, HMRC etc.
- Regular and ad-hoc reporting including business cases / due diligence for growth opportunities and acquisitions.
- Working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Developing new information and reporting processes as the business expands.
- Supervising and supporting members of the finance team.
- Be able to demonstrate well-developed planning, processing & organising abilities, a high level of attention to detail and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to present in meetings and develop credibility with the management team.
- Be able to supervisor, support and work in a small, close-knit team.
- Have good judgement, excellent commercial awareness and a focus on customer service
- Be highly analytical, pro-active and commercial.
- Be able to demonstrate continuous improvement of the finance function and reporting as the business continues its growth plans.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Newly qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Excellent Modelling and Mircrosoft Excel skills to intermediate/advanced level (vlookup, data sorting, if functions and pivot tables) - desirable
- Relevant and hands on finance experience within a small, medium sized or comparable organisation.
Competitive basic and company benefits (including brand discounts)