Class Teacher - Full-time
Start Date: Sep 2019
Due to school expansion we are looking for two excellent practitioners to join our enthusiastic and dedicated team. If you are a dynamic teacher who agrees with our core Christian Values of Kindness, Friendship, Forgiveness, Perseverance, Truthfulness and Service then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates high expectations of themselves and their pupils
- Has creativity at the heart of their teaching style
- Works well in a team, communicating confidently at all levels
- Is nurturing and has excellent behaviour management skills
- Is innovative and can bring enthusiasm, humour and the drive to go the ‘extra mile’.
We can offer:
- A determined, dedicated and caring team that will support you in whatever stage of career you are
- Amazing, well behaved, polite children
- Supportive parents and governors and a strong PTA
- A beautiful setting and very modern building which is abundantly resourced
- Continuing professional development opportunitiesThe position is for either Key Stage 1 or 2. We are just as happy to employ an experienced teacher as we are to employ a teacher early in their career or an NQT, who we will help to develop both in their teaching and their leadership skills.
Please do come and have a look around our amazing school and extensive grounds by contacting PA to the Headteacher Mrs Anne Watson on 01795472895.
Tunstall CEP School is a place where children thrive and everybody matters. It is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, including checks against the barred list. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment.
Closing Date: 15/04/2019 at 09:00
Interviews: To be advised
Information about the school
Tunstall Church of England Primary School is an extremely popular and oversubscribed church school on the outskirts of Sittingbourne, Kent.
In 2015, we started the process of moving from being a one-form entry to a two-form entry school and currently have 330 pupils on role. The school will continue to take in two full classes of Foundation Stage children each September until 2021 by which time we will be at our full complement of parallel classes in each year group.
Our pupils’ achievements are outstanding and this has been recognised by Ofsted in March 2016 when they deemed us to be an outstanding school in all areas. Our pupils’ attendance is excellent and this helps them fully to engage with a demanding curriculum, the breadth of which we are always aiming to increase.
We are fortunate to have moved to brand new, purpose-built premises in April 2016, funded by the DfE, the Kent Authority and Canterbury Diocese and we believe that our new location will continue to allow us to ensure outstanding pupil outcomes are maintained whilst also giving us as a community a physical and creative breathing space in which to unfurl and grow.
We value our bond with Tunstall Church very highly and embed Christian values through our teaching and modelling of knowledge, skills, thought processes and behaviour. We were graded ‘Outstanding’ in our latest SIAMS inspection.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.